Monday, November 22, 2010

Chasing Rainbows

Late last night, I glanced at the leaflets that came along with the Sunday paper that was delivered yesterday.

One was advertising the need for a 'flyer carrier' in our neighborhood. The other, was advertising the need for school bus drivers. In my present-day dilemma of not loving my job, I went to bed thinking "Maybe it's a sign ..."

This morning, I awoke to find messages from two different friends. Once again, I internalized their circumstances and I thought "Life is too short ..."

We have no idea what lies around the next corner.

When we have our health ... we tend to take it for granted. When our family is healthy and self sufficient, that too, is something we don't fully appreciate until it is gone.

When we look back at the life we lived, what will bring the greatest sense of accomplishment? A life spent chasing dollars ... or a lifetime of making memories, making a difference in the lives of others and chasing rainbows?

I choose rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment