Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Living Excessively

It is exhausting to be surrounded by 'too much'.

I cleaned house this past weekend and though there is still much to be done ... I have become energized in what I have accomplished.

It's very hard to go from zero to sixty in a weekend. Did I get rid of everything I don't need? No.

I have culled through (and am still finding) the excesses of my daycare life in every nook and cranny of our home.

It is no wonder I have felt drained lately. The living room was full of my bookkeeping work. The closets, drawers and every other nook and cranny were filled with tools from my daycare days. My own personal space - closet, dressers and filing cabinet were overflowing. It has been an exhausting place to live, let alone work!

It takes time and energy to cull through the excesses of life, but the reward is in the state of mind that comes when you are nearing your goal.

My end goal is still a long way off but see how far I've come!

Before



Now!! (note the doors that can be closed)


 
After


                                          "To go"



"To stay"

Yes ... I still have a long way to go. But as I look towards the future, I simply can't foresee that there will never be the sounds of youth in our home. So I'm holding onto some things ... but letting a lot go.

Life is like that. Keep what is important, get rid of the excess. And revisit what is important from time to time. We are eternally evolving and it is amazing how my inner turmoil is reflected 'behind closed doors (and drawers)'.

I think I have put myself back on a forward path this past weekend. It is time to let go and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment