Thursday, October 21, 2010

Everyday Life as I Know It

It's been one week since my latest Great Dance Adventure.

My every day life since then has included little incentives for me to push through the mundane.

Zumba, dancing and Bellyfit classes have been generously sprinkled throughout the week.

The grand adventure of wading through, selling and/or donating my daycare excesses has brought a new dimension to my regularly scheduled life. Out with the old, to make room for the new!

I have found small, unexpected blessings where I least expect them ....

Finding and returning a pair of glasses to their rightful owner led to a meaningful connection with a neighbor.

Connecting with someone I knew only at arm's length before. Or reconnecting with someone from a lifetime ago.

Snippets of conversation with people in my life who keep unveiling pieces of themselves which are interesting and inspiring.

I look at the adventures that mark the chapters of my life. Though there are definitely highlighted events that mark the time in a memorable way, in reality it is the small every day blessings that make the longest lasting impact.

This past week of returning to 'life as I know it' has been an adventure unto itself. This week (like any other) has been spectacular in its own quiet way.

Performing on a stage in front of thousands (well, maybe not quite 2,000) has a way of earmarking a place in time.

But the reality, is that we never know just how many people we touch directly or indirectly by the small deeds we do in our everyday life.

I'd rather make my mark in the world in thousands of small ways ... than to pin all my hopes in touching thousands of lives in less than a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment