Thursday, October 7, 2010

Early Morning Revelations

I love waking up in the morning with 'the answer' to an unsolved problem right on the tip of my consciousness.

When I was a bank teller, there were many times that I woke up knowing what my cash outage was (that had eluded me the day before).

There have been times when I knew my life was in a state of chaos. I sleep walked (slept walked?) through my days just following my instincts and getting by. I didn't know which way to turn to get out of my rut. The right answers were right there before me in the wee hours of the day - before my conscious mind woke up.

Health scares. Even though my day time mind was running through the lists of possibilities, I had a knowing feeling when I woke up one morning with the words "You are going to be okay" in my head.

Minor things. Two nights ago, I struggled and struggled to download some video footage (that was dropped off in DVD form) onto another blog. My late evening brain is not smart. I downloaded a 'file converter' and I was still having problems. I woke up yesterday morning and knew what I had to do. The answer was there all of the time.

Last night? I went to sleep with gold lame on my mind. I wore my new garb for our upcoming performance to our group dance lesson last night. It wasn't pretty. All I could think at the time was the money I spent and the fact that I couldn't return those gold lame leggings. I was stuck.

This morning? I remembered the 'exchange only' policy at the above mentioned store. Maybe I can find a way to make some other gold lame garment work.

I simply can't be seen in public in that get-up. A (near) 50 year old body which is a little on the meaty side has no business in gold lame leggings. They've got to go! I must find a way ...

Thank goodness for my early morning revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment