Monday, September 6, 2010

If Money is the Worst of Our Troubles ...

"If wealth is lost, nothing is lost. If health is lost, something is lost. But, if character is lost, everything is lost." ~ Unknown

If money can solve all of our troubles, we are fortunate.

At this very moment, I have three updates from friends sitting in my inbox. Updates on health issues and concerns where there are no quick and easy answers. No amount of money can fix these problems. Medicine, time, faith. advancements in the health field and miracles are the answers to the prayers of those who walk this path.

Heartache, sorrow and loss. My world is touched with people who have an ache in their heart. Many different scenarios ... time will help to heal the wounds in some cases ... in others, nothing in the world can make up for the years lost. Missing out on precious years because of a breakdown in family communications - no amount of money can make up for that time. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Every day that we live, is a day to make amends, make memories and make a difference. As long as there is life, there is hope ...

Happiness and contentment. You can't buy it. There isn't one magical formula that works for all. It is a unique and special gift. If you chase it, it is illusive. To have it and hold onto it ... is a blessing. You can have all of the money in the world, but still feel empty and hollow within. Without inner peace, what good is money? I would rather be poor and happy ... than rich and empty within.

Character. The ability to sleep at night because your conscience is clear and empty. To live a life where you do 'the right thing', live honestly and give the best of yourself to those that touch your life. It doesn't cost a penny to be kind. A smile and gentle touch are priceless. The words you say to a stranger can make all the difference in the world. Living by The Golden Rule - "do unto others, as you would have done unto you", enriches your soul.

That which is worth having, can't be bought. Life, health, happiness and character - that is how I choose to measure my net worth. The dividends paid are friends who feel like family and family who feel like friends.

There are days where budgeting and money concerns overrule what I know to be true. I have my health and the health of my family. I have an inner contentment that carries me through times of difficulty. I live a life where I can go to sleep at night, knowing that I have lived by The Golden Rule. I have family and friends that enrich my life.

I am rich in all of the ways that matter. If money is the worst of my troubles ... I am very lucky indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment