Sunday, August 1, 2010

An Idyllic Day

Ahhh ... balance! I had one glorious day of 'balance' after a week of work, angst and stress.

It was a day sprinkled with work. A little here, a little there and a little bit in between.

But the flavor of the day? Was going with the flow. I forgot that life could flow. Flowing is good.

Yes! I could go out for coffee with my Second Son yesterday morning. We had an energy inducing power visit. He's been under a great deal more stress than I have been lately and we have both come up for air and can see the light again. I'm so glad that we made the time for that coffee.

I couldn't wait for the phone to ring yesterday. I was going to call my mom to make up for the letter that I didn't make time to write last week. But instead, I promised myself to turn everything 'off' in my world when she called and focus 100% on our conversation.

So when the phone rang yesterday, my caffeine induced state had me racing for the phone and talking a mile a minute whenever my mom took a breath. It was a most excellent visit. I sat in the spare room where there was no computer, no work, no nothing. I sat. And we visited. Perfection!

The day was wound up by going to a friend's for tea. A perfect end to a perfect day.

Yesterday was balanced by work, family and friends. A little dash of work and a pinch of friendship, with family as the base.

A perfect recipe for a most idyllic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment