Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quiet

I live a quiet existence. I wake up in the mornings and I'm alone with my thoughts. And I have a lot of thoughts. So I write ...

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. I've been on the go. I've been around people. I've had people gather in my home. I've been on a short holiday. I've been so busy living my life, that I haven't had those peaceful, quiet moments to sit and write.

I drove for five hours and thoughts of the weeks that preceded that very moment came wafting back to me. Happy little thoughts. Words, people, special moments, thought provoking conversations, the laughter, the tears, the friendship and family.

I didn't turn on any music as I drove. I just listened to the memories as they came to mind.

It was the best conversation that I didn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment