Monday, July 12, 2010

Purpose

I like waking up in the morning knowing what I hope to do with the day. Whether it is work, play or anything in between, I find it so much easier to jump out of bed in the morning if I have a purpose.

All weekend, I was up with the birds. I knew that I didn't have bookkeeping to work on, but that opened the door for me to finally work on my family history project. Finally! I didn't work feverishly, but I worked at a steady pace and I've finally got myself motivated to put all of my research together in one cohesive unit. Slow but steady wins the race. But you must start the race to win it. I have started.

Then there was this morning.

I should be at school right now. But I didn't want to leave the house in case there was some bookkeeping work to be dropped off this morning. So I wasted an hour this morning, hitting the snooze button every ten minutes.

I finally got up and slowly met the day that was before me. I was frustrated because my energy should/could be in about three different places today. The first step is getting up. Then what?

Then ... I picked up the phone and asked about my work. Would any be dropped off? Could I pick it up? And the answer was a resounding ''Yes!"

Ahhh. Some work is available and ready to tackle. All of a sudden I was energized. I could go to school ... then pick up my work ... and then meet up with some friends for lunch. I was back in control.

At 6:00 a.m., I woke up to a day that was adrift with could/would/should have's. By 8:00 a.m., all of that was replaced with a purpose. My lackadaisical mood was instantly transformed by making one phone call.

And now ... I can carry on with my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment