Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Now What?

Okay ... I wanted a purpose to wake up to in the morning. Today, I have a purpose. I woke up with an outline to what the day holds in store ... and I still delayed the inevitable (getting up). Why?

Is it too much? Is it because I have to leave the house? Is it because I haven't dug in and started something? Or am I just lazy?

My best answer is "a little of each".

School. I've enjoyed it. As one of my fellow students rushed up to talk with me before I left yesterday to tell me some of her news, I thought "I'm going to miss this." I looked around the room and was comforted by the number of familiar faces that surrounded me. I like being in a place of learning. There is an energy that revives me within that building.

Work. I have work. A total of five boxes of work. Once I get started, I am not sure how long it will take to finish up the task at hand. My boss is sure that I'll be finished quicker than she expects me to be. I look at the unopened boxes and sigh. But once opened, the work gets done. One step at a time.

Flexibility. That is my life. When I was fighting with myself to get up and mobile, I realized that I didn't have to get up if I didn't want to. There was nothing stopping me from going to school an hour later than I had planned. I could do what I wanted. I discovered that I wanted to be at school at 8:00 a.m. The sooner you start something, the sooner you finish.

Leaving the house on time will ensure that I make the most of this day. If I didn't have to leave, I could easily putter an hour away. A lost hour when I could be accomplishing something (that I actually get paid to do) seems like a waste. So I will leave on schedule.

And now? I move forward. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment