Thursday, June 24, 2010

And Then I Slept

My head has been very busy these past few weeks. It seems that there is something going on in every corner of my world.

School, work, family, friends, dancing and the house. Each area of my life is in a busy and exciting or an energy-burning place.

I don't stop when the sun goes down. I have to consciously stop myself and wind down to go to sleep.

My body sleeps but my head won't stop. I wake up early and I have to force myself to stay in bed because I know my body needs the rest even if my head is wide awake.

Last night, I managed to get to bed shortly after 10:00. Ahhh. An early night. This was good.

But I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and my head just wouldn't stop.

It was at this point that I noticed my neck was stiff. I happened to stop myself before I moved my neck in a way that would have made movement today pretty rough. I tried to support my neck in a way that would help.

Then ... I remembered that I had two muscle relaxants in the house. That ought to do the trick!

And it did. It relaxed the most tired muscle in my body. My brain.

And then I slept. Thank you, Robaxacet.

No comments:

Post a Comment