Monday, May 3, 2010

Two Sundays

The kids have the day off of school today. Thus ... so do I.

As I awoke to this reality, the day started to feel like a second Sunday. My favorite day of the week.

Before my conscious mind was fully awake, I drifted back to sleep and I dreamt.

I dreamt of the phone ringing and all of a sudden I made some plans. In my dream, I was only tending one (older) child so I was in a pick-up-and-go state.

Then the night mare began. I had forgotten that I had to await the arrival of another child. A small child. All of a sudden, I was going to be late for my plans ... the car was going to be so full of car seats that I wouldn't have room for the people that I had planned to pick up. A fun, quick and easy little outing turned into a state of confusion. And I was going to be late!

Eventually, I awoke from my little nightmare.

Not only do I appreciate that I am going to have a 'second Sunday' ... but I'm love, love, loving my downsized daycare load with children who are less dependent on me.

But I still run a daycare. My day could change with just one phone call. Maybe I won't answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment