Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Passion Test

The Passion Test - by Janet Bray Attwood & Chris Attwood
I have accidentally stumbled onto living my life exactly as this book describes. Someone else has the words to put to my reality. It's amazing.
I am skimming through this book so that I can pass it along. I'll read a paragraph and think of one person that should read this. Then I'll go further and I'll think of a few others. I step back and think about the concept and realize that there is absolutely no one that couldn't benefit from this way of thinking.
I scribbled down a few of the 'gems' that I found. There are many more than this. I am not trying to infringe on any copyright here ... I am thinking that this is advertising. The words that I put in quotation marks and italics are not my own. They belong to the authors of this book.
"Indifference is the weapon to be used for any negative situation in life"
Yes! I love that statement. I've lived it. It works. I have found myself saying aloud that I will not waste my energy on ________ emotion. It's a waste of time and energy. Stress. Worry. Anger. Jealousy. Envy. You name it. It is a wasted emotion. It's wasted energy. Let it go! It is such a waste of positive energy, to spend it on something that may or may not happen.
"Whenever you are faced with a choice, a decision or an opportunity, choose in favor of your passions"
Been there. Done that! It works ...
I packed up my family and moved to a new province. A decision made with conviction and passion. Best move I've ever made.
There was a place deep within me that was telling me to find a way to stay home and raise My Youngest. It was the most illogical thing that I had ever done. Leaving a stable and secure job with mega benefits, a pension, guaranteed holidays and a set wage. To babysit?! It has been the smartest parenting decision that I've ever made.
Going back to school. Writing family history memoirs. Gathering friends and family. Daring to follow my dreams ... and go to a dance competition this past winter. Success on every front. I chose in favor of my passions!
"Your results will ALWAYS match your true intentions"
I believe that without a doubt. If you take a tentative step in a new direction and your inner self is full of negative self-talk, you can make your vision come true.
My success with my daycare matched the picture that I made in my mind. The reality of my mom's family history book - I had a vivid picture of the book and the title in my mind. The reality exceeded my expectations. Family gatherings. Adventures with friends. It's somewhat amazing, but even the weather has co-operated in making these gatherings a success.
I have so many examples that I can cite from living my own personal experience, I feel that I could write a few chapters to add to the above mentioned book.
I will try and pull out a few more morsels from the pages of this book. I will lend out my book. I'll give the book as a gift. But in the meantime, here is a website that highlights what I'm trying to say: http://www.thepassiontest.com/TPT/Free/index.cfm
Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement. It's just that my life is an example of what this book is all about. I have always wanted to package up the peaceful, happy, motivated and passionate life that I am living and give it away. This book is my 'package'.
And a huge "Thank you" to the friend who gifted this book to me. She said it sounded like the life I was leading. She was so right.

No comments:

Post a Comment