Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Great Dance Adventure ... Lives On!

Ahhh ... the memories!

I finally decided to order some pictures from The Great Dance Adventure. I received them yesterday. The memories aren't quite as vivid, but they are still alive and well. It was fun to revisit them.

Months ago, I found this video of a montage of rhythm dances that were performed on the last evening of the competition.

It begins with the Samba (this is a dance that we are presently working on ... but I have oh-so-far-to-go in learning the technique which really makes this dance effective) ... then a Cha Cha ... a Rumba ...

You can see 'our group' in the audience (bottom portion of the video screen). Just before the Paso Doble started, there was a moment in time which was captured on tape ... by a stranger. It was a brief, two second exchange. I wasn't in the picture, but I was on the receiving end of some sign language which was meant for me.

This brief moment is caught on the video that follows.

The dancing in is amazing. This is the night that my heart started beating in time with the music. The entire evening was the piece de resistance of the entire event. The wind-up. I was wrapped up and savored every moment.

When I found this video clip months ago, I was brought back to that moment in time. As I flipped through my photos last night and the memories were refreshed, I wanted to try and find that video clip and put it someplace where I could 'retrieve' it on a whim.

And here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment