Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Connections

There is an invisible connection between people. That 'feeling' of thinking you should call someone. A friend that keeps popping into your mind. Sometimes we don't even realize it is happening until we follow through and make that call (or email).

Yesterday, I finally sat down and made those 'connections'. I had a handful of people that I kept thinking about. I would sit down at the computer to send an email, but the words didn't come. I would make a tentative phone call, and the line would be busy. I didn't make the connection. Until yesterday.

The reasons that I was thinking of each of the people I contacted was varied. The responses from each and every email that I sent, told me that my instincts were right. I really needed to reach out to these friends.

The busy-ness of our world today is wide spread. It seems that life is busy for everyone. But even when you are busy, it's good for your health to stop and breathe. Talk with a friend. Take a moment to recharge and reflect. It's energizing.

If you are thinking about someone ... tell them. You won't regret it. And neither will the person you've called.

No comments:

Post a Comment