Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Year Ago Today ...

I was going to title this blog post "Garbage In, Garbage Out". But before I did so, I thought I'd search those words on my site and this post (click here) came up. Not surprising, because I thought that I had used that theme before. What did surprise me, is that I wrote that blog one year ago today.

I wrote of a blog that I had started to follow. That blog led me to another blog. In today's post on that blog, the author made reference to a something that she had written one year ago yesterday (click here).

As I aimlessly walked through the days this week, I wondered if this was just another cycle of life. It crossed my mind, to go back through my blogs to see if I could unearth a pattern. But I didn't do it. Then I stumbled onto my year-old blog that mirrors what I've been thinking recently.

It seems coincidental yet somehow eerie how my thoughts today are almost identical to that which I was thinking about one year ago. My eating habits have recently spiralled out of control (feeding a hunger which has nothing to do with food). I'm feeling lackadaisical and unmotivated. And once again, I am feeling very touched by the 'Life of Maddie' (see above).

The seasons of life. Times of growth and renewal. Times of hunkering and surviving the winter. Stormy seasons, seasons full of joy, seasons that are wet and dreary.

There are seasons to celebrate, seasons to appreciate, seasons to just quietly absorb all that life has brought your way.

The sun is shining today. I think I'm going to absorb some of its goodness and enjoy the change of seasons.

P.S. I just reread the ''Garbage In ... Garbage Out" post. What's even spookier? I have chicken thawing for supper tonight (which is a rarity in this house). Just like one year ago today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment