Friday, April 9, 2010

So Much Time ... So Little To Do

I was awake at the crack of dawn today.

I was out the door and en route to pick up milk, new jeans and ink for the printer by 7 a.m. - I thought that it would be the only opportunity that I would have to pick up those much-needed items today.

I was expecting a load of book-work to be dropped off this morning. Work that would not only keep me busy all day and weekend ... but most likely for the duration of the week ahead.

I wondered when I'd have time to clean the house and have a shower. But I knew that I'd need the break from the endless hours at the computer. I would fit it in.

Then it happened. The work didn't come.

The momentum for my day stopped in that instant. All of a sudden I went from highly inspired and energetic to ... nothing.

I did absolutely nothing but follow where comments on some of the blogs that I read, led me. I found yet another interesting life to follow. I did nothing else. For hours.

Then, I sat and had coffee with Second Son when he came home from his early morning meeting, (with coffee in hand). We chatted. And visited some more. The minutes and hours ticked by.

The less I did, the less I felt capable of doing. Suddenly, the mere idea of cleaning the house exhausted me. Let alone having a shower.

Eventually I moved. Once heading myself in a forward direction, I managed to tackle both items on today's abbreviated to-do list. Whew!

Then I had to make supper ...

Will this day never end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment