Friday, April 23, 2010

Good Vibrations

I'm feeling full of good vibes today. Let me count the ways!

I woke up and my first conscious thought was that my shoulder pain (which has flared up over the course of the past few months) was substantially less this morning. I have exchanged a full body work out in the mornings, for the onerous task of convincing my shoulder to co-operate with me so that I can hit the snooze button on the alarm clock. It is at that moment (every single morning), that I am aware of the increasing discomfort in that shoulder. So the calisthenics begin ... I hit the snooze button and awaken my stiff shoulder muscles for three to six reps, (depending on the morning).

Yesterday, I went and saw a physical therapist about this persistent condition. Number one, she assured me that it isn't in my head (it is in my shoulder); number two, she gave me some exercises to help with the situation (muscles that are not intended to be used are compensating for a muscle that I may have damaged ... and this affects all other connective muscles in a myriad of ways in which it shouldn't ... blah, blah, blah); number three, she massaged some of the muscles and it felt oh-so-good (in a minor-ly painful way); number four, all of this exertion on my tender shoulder muscles escalated the pain level to a different level so ...; number five, I took two pain killers before I went to my dance lesson last night.

I don't know if it is a combination of all of the above or the simple fact that the pain killers helped to relax my muscles enough for them to recover a bit while I slept. But I woke up feeling like a hundred dollars this morning (not quite a million ... but I'm definitely on the 'plus' side of the dollar equation).

Then ... I sat down and worked with the stats of my present-day-financial-situation. Number one, I am thrilled to say that at this late date in the month it appears that there will be money left at the end of the month! This hasn't happened since The Great Dance Adventure became a part of my reality. This feels awesome!! Number two, I looked at the money that borrowed so that I could afford the above mentioned Adventure ... and these are the stats that I have arrived at: I have repaid one fifth of the total-amount-borrowed (this debt covers not only The Great Dance Adventure's over spending, but a new ball gown, a shortfall that I needed to cover to pay off the last part of my school fees and living expenses after The Adventure gobbled up more of my budget than it should have). Number three, I foresee a few work-related windfalls that may or may not come my way and there is a possibility that I may soon have up to three fifths of that debt repaid. Maybe.

It is a combination of many, many things (most of which I wrote about yesterday), but I can quite easily put a dollar value on the way that I feel about my financial state at the moment. I shall be evasive about that amount ... but suffice to say, I feel like oh ... maybe $400 (less groceries, gas and maybe a four-pack of coolers).

And ... I managed to squeeze in my required 20 hours at school within the first four days of this week (and that is even after I quit early one day for an afternoon dance lesson; went to a physical therapy appointment; took our cat to the vet; and went out for lunch within the hours of 9:00 - 3:00). So today is mine!

Granted, I have approximately 10 (or more) hours of bookkeeping to fit into a six hour time frame. But where there is a will, there is a way (or at least there is a Friday night and a Saturday). I have a bookkeeping mystery to solve as I forge into the beginning stages of trying to figure out how to deal with my Middle Son's new business. I have a family history story book to compile. I have more ways to fill this day, than there are hours in the week (let alone day). But I am motivated and excited to forge on.

Plus ... I have many good things that I am anticipating. A gathering of some cousins here on Sunday. My sister is coming to the city within the next few days and I hope that we have the chance for a visit. I am going out for lunch with a new friend next week. I may go out with a group from the dance studio next weekend. I have calls to make to arrange more visits and touch base with good friends.

I'm just full of good vibrations. Are the vibes making it to my fingertips as I post? I can feel them!! It is a most wonderful sensation. I'm in love with my life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment