Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dreams Do Make Wishes Come True

Be careful what you wish for ... you just may get it!

Lately, I have had the uncanny knack of 'getting what I wish for'. A lot. It does make me very cautious about the words, wishes and desires that I voice.

It was last year, when our family watched a video tape that was (then) 13 years old that I realized just how many of my wishes were unfolding in my life.

My brother interviewed all of us (on tape) and asked us several questions. Some were about our hopes and dreams.

What did I dream about? Having another child. I was alone and without prospects of a child in my future. Yet I still wanted one. Two years later ... my wish was granted.

What other hope did I hold? To become a journalist. A journalist, I'm not. But I write. Between blogging, gathering family stories together, being asked to write something from time to time for our dance studio ... I write. It's not a paying proposition, but I am doing what I love to do.

I continued to dream.

What did I want most in the world after my third child was born? To stay at home and raise him. To walk away from a secure, well paying job with benefits may not have been the wisest 'financial plan' in my life. But it was the smartest. I'm not rich monetarily ... but I am rich in ways that money can't buy. Another dream come true.

I dare to dream.

I wanted to go back to school. I am. I wanted to go to one dance competition. I did. I am becoming wary of what I wish for. Because my wishes are coming true.

What dream am I voicing these days? I wish that I could dance as much as I did when I was preparing for the dance competition. And I am ...

Out of the blue, I was invited to a group class where they needed a few female partners. I was in!! As if that wasn't enough ... another group class in technique/styling is being started up. Was I interested? You betcha!

If I'm going to dare to dream, I'm going to be brave enough to follow through when the opportunities arise.

Has this been happening all of my life? Have other opportunities been presented to me, that I was simply too afraid to take advantage of? Maybe.

I'm voicing a few more dreams (goals) these days. To complete my dad's family's story before Christmas this year. To go on an Alaskan cruise within the next two years. Then there is my Bed and Breakfast that is within the next 10 year plan in my life.

I'm going to be careful what I wish for. I am also going to continue to follow where those dreams lead ...

No comments:

Post a Comment