Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Am Puppy ... Hear Me Bark!

It came to me out of the blue today. I remind myself of a puppy ...

First and formost, I'm kind of yappy. I listen to myself chattering incessently. Once the momentum starts, I have a hard time stopping. I'm sure that those who spend much time around me would love to muzzle me at times.

I love to have the people around me happy. I often find myself wishing that I could do more to make someone else's pain or stress go away. Though there is little that I can do (more often than not), I do what I can. And it's never enough. I wish I could wag my little puppy tail and take away someone else's woes.

I run around in circles until I'm exhausted. The energy and exhaustion comes in bits and bites. I have too much energy at times and it needs to be harnessed. Then ... I sit still and I'm down for the count.

I am loyal and trusting. I trust people until they give me reason not to. Then even if they do something that threatens the trust factor and they are sincere in their apology, I forgive and carry on.

I am protective. Don't threaten my family or you will hear me growl. I've never been pushed to my limits, but there have been times when it has been close. There is nothing that I wouldn't do, to protect my pack.

I need only the basics in life. Food, water, sleep and to be loved. Feed me and nurture me and I'm your loyal pal.

But ... I'm fussier than a puppy. I'm a pretty fussy carnivore (I like my meat lean, well cooked and without bones).

I guess that is where the similarities end. But I don't mind having a few puppy qualities. If only I wasn't so yappy ...

Ruff! Ruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment