Monday, January 18, 2010

A Very Good Day

After losing a day to laziness, overeating and indulging in my whims on Saturday ... yesterday was everything opposite.

First off, I reread Saturday's blog. As I sat there Saturday morning wondering if I should exercise or start working first ... I quickly realized that I had done neither. So yesterday, I did both.

Starting the day off with physical exercise works miracles for me. It gets my blood pumping and my ambition levels start firing up. After I put in a fair amount of exercise time, I got ready for the day and went immediately to my book-keeping work.

The day ended with our family supper, which is my most favorite way to wrap up the week.

As we sat around the table, there was such an easy flow of words. Laughter comes easily and often. It is fun ...

Our little family seems to be wrapped up in holiday-mode. As each of us head off on our own separate vacation (weeks apart from each other over the course of these first few months of the year), we all seem to be in a very relate-able mind set. There is a genuine shared excitement as each of us can anticipate and relive our own personal holiday experience as we each fly off to our individual vacation destinations.

As my dance holiday is the last on the agenda, there continues to be a quiet thrill that runs through me every time I let my thoughts linger on the idea. The anticipation is half of the fun.

It was a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment