Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Lazy Week

My mind is aflutter with things-that-really-don't-matter this morning.
  • I should have exercised. I didn't.
  • I need to look into getting a garment bag for my upcoming holiday. I haven't.
  • I should have done some work last night. I'll do it today.
  • I really don't love my 'new hair'. Oh well.
  • I need to come up with a 'tacky outfit' for the tacky-themed-dance at the studio tonight. It shouldn't be hard ... but I have a very hard time with the idea of dressy tacky on purpose. It is my fear that my tacky-look will be misinterpreted as my regular look.
  • I'm wrapping up one more course at school - my goal to complete four courses (in 2010) before I take my holiday is becoming a reality. Yay!
  • I'm thinking of dancing. What else is new?

What I am really thinking underneath all of this is: I am not keeping myself the 'right' amount of busy this week.

There is a balance to the busy-factor that works for me. I need to keep moving and motivated. It is wonderful when I have a quiet day in among a busy week. But I've had too many quiet days in a row. I could have been doing something productive. But I haven't.

I'm frustrated with my slowed down state because it is too easy to just go with it and do nothing ... rather than do just a little bit.

My life is just a little too 'quiet' for my tastes right now. I believe it is the calm before the storm. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time pushing myself out of this slump. But honestly? I think it's an excuse.

I'm feeling pretty lazy this week.

P.S. I just looked in the mirror and decided my 'new hair' isn't as bad as I thought. I stuck velcro rollers in it this morning and it poofed it up just a bit. Maybe the velcro rollers will a part of my tacky costume. If nothing else, my hair may benefit from my tacky-look.

No comments:

Post a Comment