Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Kaleidoscope in my Mind

My mind is colored with dancing thoughts lately.

The dance holiday that is pending has tainted my view on the world. Everything I do has a backdrop of music and the sensation of wafting on air ...

The world continues to spin around me. I must tend to 'life' as I normally do. But with every breath that I take, every thought that I think and every action I follow through on ... I am thinking about dancing.

School and work - what must I accomplish before I go away? Budgeting - I'll spend what I need to spend to be prepared for this competition and figure out the math at the end. Home and kids - I think it's covered. I have an amazing little family that can function independently and keep things running on the home front while I am away. Primping, preparing and packing - my head contains a running list of what I've done, what I need to do and what I can't do until I'm 'there'.

There is a happy medley of thoughts flitting in and out of my mind these days. I'm already getting my money's worth from this holiday. And it hasn't even begun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment