Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dancing Makes Monday Fun!

I am enjoying my Monday afternoon dance lessons this month. It may not be the lesson of choice for my instructor, as it is his first lesson of the week and he's fresh out of 'weekend mode'. But for me? It's great!

Everything feels easy when I know I only have a half-day of school. Before my Monday afternoon dance lessons, I would be nodding off and utterly exhausted by the afternoon of my first day back after a weekend. But now? I'm racing to get as much done as I can, in the four hours that I'm at school.

After my lesson, there really isn't enough time to go back to school. I have a half hour at the end of the day. To do with, as I please. Bonus!

I love it when my days are broken up into workable segments.

I get up early so that I have lots of time to tend to all that I enjoy tending in the morning (my breakfast smoothie, coffee, word puzzles, reading and writing blogs and whatever else I can squeeze into those precious early morning hours).

I love a four hour school day. If I am motivated and my courses are not too overwhelming, I can accomplish a lot in four hours. My brain is firing on all cylinders and it is wonderful.

Dancing. One can never go wrong by throwing a little dancing into the day! But most importantly, I believe that the reason I enjoy my lessons so much is the easy rapport I have with my instructor. We talk and laugh easily. And we dance ... oh, we dance!

Having a small amount of time 'just for me' before my school-kids return for the day is a welcome bonus. My daycare load has been incredibly light this past long while. But today, I will have lots of kids. Before and after school. It makes the calm before the storm ever-so-much-more-precious.

And the evening. Ahhh ... the evenings!

Last night, I didn't have one thing on my agenda. My Youngest asked if we could run out so that he could buy something (he knew exactly what he wanted and where to buy it). He has his own money (his new babysitting career has been working well for him), so all he needs is a ride (at least until he gets that 'teleporting' thing down pat ... where he just has to 'think' his way somewhere).

I love it when I'm not in a frantic frame of mind, where I feel like I have a long list of things to do and very little time to do them. I believe that this feeling is what I enjoy most about my 'new life' as a part-time-everything. I have lots of leeway in between my various commitments. I must put in 20 hours at school, within the hours the school is open. But how I accomplish that feat is totally up to me. I have certain book-keeping responsibilities that are time sensitive, but the vast majority of my work is a work-when-you-want and how-you-want kind of deal. My daycare load is still the most restrictive, but at least it is in small time commitments. An hour in the morning and three hours after school.

It seems that most things I have 'on my plate' are doled out to me in small portions right now. I'm not overwhelmed by any aspect of my life.

But the dancing ... oh, the dancing!! I love the bonus hours that I have been putting in at the studio. It makes everything else in life just a little bit more fun, when my life is seasoned with dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment