Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Quiet Mind

The hum of my thoughts, the pace of life and the excitement that has been surrounding my days has slowed down. As I sit here this morning with an empty screen in front of me, it seems that my mind is just as blank.

In the aftermath of 'showcase day', all I heard was my voice. Chatter, chatter, chatter. I could feel the vibrations within my soul as my mind sped from one thing to the next, with lots of overlap throughout. I can look at the video montage of our dances and hear the chatter going on within my brain at the time.

To have a quiet mind feels rather good.

Already, I can hear the engines roaring. A card I want to write ... some gifts I want to work on ... people I want to talk to ... then there is the exam I must write ... work I must do ... a child that needs my time.

But all I could do last night was sleep. Back to the basics first. Nourishment and sleep. And time to savor the stillness within ...

No comments:

Post a Comment