Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Procrastinating

I am the master of procrastination.

Here I sit. With ideas floating around in my head ... and I am acting on none of them. I would like to say I'm revving my engine and gearing up for the next flurry of activity. But I fear that I am quite simply 'putting off to tomorrow what I could be doing today'.

I do better when I have deadlines. I need them. Christmas is my next big deadline so I should get busy. But I'm not.

Christmas is a time where I spend more time than money. This year, my time management skills seem to have dwindled to the point where 'I do what must be done'. Thankfully, I've had a lot that needed doing. Out of necessity, things are getting accomplished.

I make time for what I want. I make time for what needs to be done. I waste a lot of time sitting here spinning my wheels.

I used to have a lot of pockets of time, when I was home with kids all day.

I puttered away at things around the house and yard. I was organized when it came to making meals. Little things didn't pile up in those days.

I'd scribble down ideas and putter away at things. It was my way of incorporating adult-thoughts into a child-driven day. It kept my mind challenged with things other than the many needs of the pre-school crowd.

I look back at those days and wish that I could incorporate some of that time management into my new life. I'm wasting too much time.

I have no one to blame but myself. I need to pick myself up and start moving again. There is a lot that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment