Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'll See What I Can Pull Out of My Hat

It's been 11 days since the dance showcase. I have displayed all of the trinkets I collected from the day on a table in the living room. It is time to pack up the 'memories of the day' ...

As I walked around with my top hat and gold lame sash, I wondered what I could do with these little treasures.

I tried to find a way to display them in my china cabinet. But any way I looked at it, it was tacky.

I have often thought that a little curio stand or a little corner shelf unit would be a neat way to put all of my dance memories in one spot. But I've never acted on the idea.

I held my top hat and thought of the memories. The laughter ... the teamwork ... and the fun we had as we worked together on this dance. But I didn't have a place of honor for this little memento of our 'Chorus Line' routine.

So ... I filled up my hat with other special memories of the past from the dance studio and tucked it away in a closet.

One day in the future, I will stumble across this hat full of dance memorabilia. Oh, the memories that will resurface as I pull out my treasures from this magical top hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment