Saturday, November 14, 2009

Feeling Lighter

A few more weights were lifted off of my shoulders yesterday and it has energized me once again.

The dreaded 'grammar exam' is history. Even though I've been studying for it all week, I didn't feel ready to take the exam. Then ... I sat down and found out that the exam was no where nearly as intensive as the course I studied. As it is with exams, I made a few mistakes that I shouldn't have. But my end mark was almost at the goal I have set for myself. I was elated to put that behind me.

Last night, I started and finished a project to tell what I've learned in my 'Thought Patterns' class (it must be presented to the class ... thus, I elected for a DVD format). I had ideas wafting through my brain and I wasn't quite sure if I could put them together as I planned. But I'm happy enough with the result :

I love this class. It teaches what I already know and I have personal testimonies to attest to the fact that these thought patterns can change you from the inside, out.

Yes, one by one, the to-do-list in my mind is getting checked off:

Another family history book complete and in our hands ... check!

Dance Showcase 2009 ... check!

Grammar Exam and Thought Patterns Project ... check! check!

Whew! I should step on the scale. I feel like I lost ten pounds (just for the record, I did step on the scale and the physical poundage is still there).

Uncompleted tasks and the hard-things-to-do weigh heavily on a person's shoulders. There are so many things in life that are out of our control. But with the things that we do have some control over ... it feels so empowering to confront them, do what is necessary, then bask in the glory of putting yet another 'impossible thing' in your done-pile.

That said, I have book-keeping work to do. I hope to complete that so that I can start working on Christmas. I have some bright and shiny new ideas wafting through this brain of mine.

A very good friend gave me this card for my birthday. She said that she thought of me and the many ideas that are floating around in my head (like fish in the ocean), when she spotted this card. I feel just like this kitty. So many fish (ideas) ... so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment