Sunday, November 1, 2009

Days Like This

Every time I have a day like this (a day where I am guided only by my whims), I think 'I can't remember the last time I had a day like this ...' And then I realize, that I am actually having a lot more of these days lately.

A day where I talked for hours on end to a friend. A day to simply relax. I had nothing more pressing on my agenda than trying to come up with a meal for my family. And the gift of enjoying their company while they were here.

There are 9 years between my oldest sons. An age spread that has divided them in more ways than one. Recently, that gap seems to be lessening.

Tonight, I could feel the unspoken words between them. When Middle Son said something to the defense of His Older Brother, I felt a subtle change in the air. It seems that nothing goes unnoticed by My Oldest these days. He senses when someone is on his side and rooting for him. Even though the dialogue between my sons put us in a light hearted 'it's us guys against the girls' spin on the conversation, the deeper connotation is a positive one.

My family is feeling a lot like a family these days. It warms my heart and makes a day like this even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment