Friday, October 2, 2009

One Day!

This is the day I've been waiting for. This is the day that I mapped out in my 'time budget' before I started back to school. This is that illusive day off (thanks to the school forever granting the kids a day off, a long weekend and the school year starting on a Tuesday). This is my day!

I have put in my required school hours for the week. I am done. The kids are off to school today. I shall be alone.

I got tingly every single time I thought of the reality of this day coming true yesterday. A day on my own!

I went to bed, knowing that I had a free day. A day that I have to do with, as I please.

I woke up this morning, with my heart racing. This is my day!

What are my plans?

I plan to work. I have aspirations of putting in a full day of book keeping, so that I can take Sunday off. Sunday will be 'our' day.

Sunday will consist of ... a morning to do with, as I please. An afternoon that is wide open. Sunday is our family supper day. The previous family suppers have been squeezed in to a busy Sunday. Not this week.

I am taking today and making it work for me. I'm giving 'my day' to my family ...

No comments:

Post a Comment