Sunday, October 18, 2009

Exceeding Capacity

I'm on overload.

Moments ago, I finally finished the book keeping that I thought I would be able to complete yesterday. A day and a half of work is better than 2 days. But I need to wake up one morning and know that I have time to breathe.

I'm keeping on top of other things. Sort of. I just have no idea what I'm forgetting ...

It was my sister's birthday on Friday. Not only did I not have a card in the mail ... I had completely and utterly forgotten about it. It wasn't even in the back of my mind. I would have never remembered that I had forgotten, had my mom not reminded me.

This is not the only thing I've forgotten. Some friends and I got together last month. One of the main reasons for our visit was to celebrate the 50th birthday of one friend. Though I had bought a card and made a cake to bring along well in advance of our planned get together ... when the actual date rolled around, I forgot to bring them along. I would have never remembered, had my other friend brought out a gift. But at least that time, I had remembered at one point.

My dance lesson last week was a 'symptom' of too much in my brain (I couldn't speak or dance, let alone do both of them at the same time).

I write lists and that helps immensely. But I have lost track of the days. A few weeks ago I wrote something down, that needed to be done on 'October 6th'. I read it, I wrote it and thought I had a week before October 6th arrived. Had someone not called and asked about what we needed to bring on on the 6th (which happened to be the very next day), the 6th would have come and gone and I would have been none the wiser.

I guess I could save a lot of time and money by just 'forgetting things'. Think of all the cards I wouldn't have to buy or food to bring along ... if I just forget the date or occasion all together.

I have issued an invitation to my family for supper tonight. I hope someone replies soon ... or I may forget to cook it.

My brain is just too full. I guess this is my body's way of dealing with the excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment