Thursday, September 3, 2009

Time

Dictionary definition: WORK expands so as to fill the time available

Isn't that the truth?? I've traded one scenario where the majority of my day was committed to being available for others ... to my new world where I'm trying to jam in as much schooling and working into the days as I can. So I can have a weekend off.

Dictionary definition: WEEKEND - a time period usually extending from Friday night through Sunday; more loosely defined as any period of successive days including one and only one Sunday

If I work diligently the next few days, I may be able to swing it. A long weekend to boot! Three consecutive uncommitted days.

Dictionary definition: LEISURE TIME - time available for ease and relaxation; "his job left him little leisure

As I tread through the days of my 'new life', I am loving the fact that I am surrounded by adults, an atmosphere of learning and the satisfaction of having a job that challenges my organizational skills and pays the bills for the biggest majority of the day.

Then ... I dance.

Last night I squeezed in an hour of dancing after school and in the middle of book keeping work that I wanted to complete.

Tonight, I have 2 hours of dancing to fit into the same time slot. 2 hours to forget everything but what my feet, arms and body are doing. Moving to music. Following the beat. Learning something fun.

Yes, my work has expanded to fill all of my time available. But I trust that as the weeks go on, I'll gain a saner pace of living figured out.

In the meantime, I'm moving some small mountains and gaining a great feeling of accomplishment. But this weekend ... I shall relax. It's on the agenda. And if it's scheduled and planned for, I usually follow through.

I'm looking forward to it! Leisure time...

No comments:

Post a Comment