Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sucker Punched

A sucker punch is a blow which is made without warning or preparation on the part of the recipient and so is usually delivered from close range. It is not possible to block such a punch and so people at risk of such blows must be alert to the proximity of potential opponents.

I wasn't expecting the blow ... but I was ready to deal with the aftermath.

There is a purpose to remembering life's lessons. Dwelling on the negatives isn't something I do. I turn it around and focus on the positives and what I've learned from the experience.

I have been writing about the empathy I have gained from all that I have lived. Now is my chance to put those lessons to use.

I'm feeling empathy in every part of my being. I can see and feel all sides to the story. My heart is hurting even though I'm not the one who is wounded.

It's time to step up to the plate and be the person that I've always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment