Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Rainy Sunday

I love what rain signals to my brain. A 'stay inside' day. A day to putter with things within the confines of home. A day to read a book. A day to watch a movie (and possibly doze off, in the process). A day to write, call or visit someone. A day off.

But not in my world.

The day must begin by finishing the book keeping job that consumed the day, yesterday. I thought I was done, but as I was finishing the task I realized that I will have to go back and recheck what I thought I had done correctly ...

Then, it is time to look at my extracurricular project which hasn't moved from its spot on the table in the living room since its arrival ...

Then, I must prepare for (what we hope) is the first of a succession of 'Sunday Family Suppers'.

There is lots going on, within my children's lives. And they want ... they actually want to come home and keep me updated on the goings-on in their lives (I think the food is a big part of the big draw though).

My rainy Sunday may not start off as leisurely as I had hoped. But it will be wrapped up by spending time with 'My 3 Sons' ... and isn't that what counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment