Monday, September 21, 2009

A New Week Dawning

I have a very good feeling about the week ahead. I don't know why ... I just do.

A lot of it has to do with having a productive weekend. I didn't quite accomplish all that I had hoped to do, but I got all the must-do-items on my to-do-list done.

But more importantly, I feel very, very good about things within my little family. We are starting to feel like a family and that is a pretty wonderful sensation.

I was busy, but My Youngest had a revolving door of friends come and go throughout the entire two days. A totally unchoreographed sequence of events that led to one of his very best weekends (that we spent at home), he told me as he went to bed last night.

My mom has often told me "when your kids are happy, you are happy" ... and I'm starting to feel a little happier.

I'm really rooting for my kids these days. For many different reasons, as my kids are different in who they are and what they are going through. At ages 11, 22 and 31 their challenges are vastly different.

I've often said that I've been a completely different mother to each and every one of them. Right now, I am feeling that I am 'at one' with my motherness.

I'm strong, content and happy within myself. I feel the value of living the life that I have led to this point, as my life experiences are being drawn on to walk with my kids through the spot they are in right now.

I've never felt like I was deserving of a 'Mother of the Year' award. But this past week? I feel like that I was a mom. Maybe even a mom with a capital "M" ...

Launching off the week with our 'weekly Sunday family supper' feels very good and very right. I hope my family feels a little of what I'm feeling this morning.

I think it's going to be a very good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment