Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Momentum

I love when my life is in a productive mode. The sense of satisfaction that I get from tackling big jobs and (finally) overcoming the obstacles that made them so huge in my mind is intoxicating.

I tackled one of those jobs head-on this past weekend. I cleared the slate so that I had the entirety of those 2 days to work with few interuptions. Not only did it feel good to move mountains with the time I had on hand ... but the unexpected benefit was the momentum just kept on going after the weekend.

I had one more 'big job' to tend and I devoted every spare moment to that yesterday. I may not have had a clear slate to work with, but I worked around the day that I had.

It feels so incredible to tackle work and not feel overwhelmed in the process. I can spend more energy thinking about (what feels like) the enormity of a job. Or ... I can just take that one forward step and keep moving in that direction.

I woke up this morning, knowing that I don't have any onerus tasks on my plate today. I have to tend an 8 month old baby that I've never met before, as well as 5 other children. That takes more energy out of me than the 'brain work' that I've been working on lately.

I also woke up with a renewed energy for one other project that has been overwhelming me. If I can keep the momentum going, maybe I can take some forward steps on that one as well.

The lyrics from a song from the movie 'Finding Nemo', are humming through my head right now:



Sometimes, the mountains we must climb are just getting through the day. Stuggling with health issues, boredom, depression, stressful family dynamics ... or going back to work after a fun and relaxing vacation.

Make the most of your day. Even if that involves nothing but allowing yourself time to indulge yourself in something you love.

No matter what you are facing in your world today ... just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment