Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back to My Regulary Scheduled Life

I'm sitting here this morning, grateful for the ease of the transition back into Normal.

I can't help but think of the families that are grieving and facing a day that is so far from Normal. What these people wouldn't give, to just wake up and be facing a Normal work day. A day when life as they knew it, hadn't turned upside down.

Yes, I have a day forthcoming that will be a far cry from the relaxed pace of my holiday. But it is Normal. I've walked this path before. It's familiar and I know how to fall into its rhythm. I'm blessed.

I can remember my mom's comment, as I made arrangements to cover my responsibilities at work and home, while we waited in the hospital waiting room the morning after Dad's last heart attack. She was so lost in the tragedy of the hours that preceded that moment, that she 'forgot' that life continued to go on, all around us.

The world does keep on spinning no matter what we face in life. The sun comes up each morning and the days pass. I guess that is one thing that we can always count on.

It's wonderful when Normal is interrupted by moments of joy and celebration. It's nice to break out of Normal and have a vacation. But for all of those waking up this morning and facing a day that is so far out of the Normal they are accustomed to ... I can only imagine that their wish may be to put in another long day at work, knowing that their life was just as they knew it only a few short days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment