Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Morning Reflections

Sunday mornings! I love them ...

It seems like it has been a while since I woke up without an agenda and had a spontaneous kind of day. A person wouldn't appreciate days like this, if it happened all of the time.

With my uncle's visit fresh in my mind, I recall his comment about his first year of retirement. He said he really enjoyed and appreciated the lack of an agenda for that first year. And then when it becomes the norm and you don't have those busy days to compare it to, it looses something.

There are some contrasts in life a person doesn't appreciate until you climb out the other side. You need to be busy to appreciate being idle; illness to remind you to be grateful for good health; sadness creates a comparison for joy ... and the list goes on. As long as you keep coming out the other end with the good offsetting the bad, life is good.

My life is busy. Not busy compared to most people's standards - it is mostly busy in my mind. If I have free time, I don't have enough hours in the day to do all that I would like to do. But when it comes time to make plans, my schedule is flexible enough to make time for what I want to do.

I love the passion that I feel within as I wake up each morning. I have things I have to do, things I want to do, time to plan and time to dream.

I look at my present day world and I am content. I see where I want my life to head and I'm looking at making some changes. I look at my future and I see goals and dreams that aren't so illusive. Anything feels possible.

I have dared to dream this past little while. And what is more risky, is that I've dared to speak and write down those dreams and share them with the people that touch my life.

I live a charmed life. The people who I am blessed to call family and friends are so encouraging. They give me the freedom not only to dream ... but to say it out loud and put it out there for the world to see.

There are always those who are more cautious with me as I dare to dream. They add a little reality to what I envision and keep me grounded. They don't drag me down, but I think their concern is for me not to have false hope.

I talked to one of those 'grounding people' in my life yesterday. And I have made a believer out of them. I couldn't believe the enthusiasm that I felt and heard coming from the one person who's words carry a lot of weight. The encouragement was mixed with the grim reality of what it would take to attain 'the dream' ... but the true gift in that conversation was the affirmation that 'they believe' ...

If I can take my dream and make a believer out of a nay sayer ... I must be on the right path. It is like when the 'sea parted for me' on my perfect day a little while ago.

I have been down similar paths in life. Crossroads where one must make some difficult choices and take risks. Going with the current in life has led me to places I could only imagine. And now I am living those dreams!

"Imagine life as a fast-moving river. When you are acting to make something happen, it will feel as if you are going against the current of the river. It will feel hard and like a struggle. When you are acting to receive from the Universe, you will feel as if you are flowing with the current of the river. It will feel effortless. That is the feeling of inspired action, and of being in the flow of the Universe and life."
- excerpt from 'The Secret'

As I have laid out my dream for the world to see, hear and scrutinize this past while, I honestly feel as though I am ''acting to receive from the Universe'' ... I feel as though I am going with the flow and open to receive whatever may be a result of taking chances, working hard and daring to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment