Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hyperplanning

Not only am I a hypereater ... but I do believe that I'm a hyperplanner.

I've been pondering a new path I want to integrate into my life. I laid out the possibilities in my mind a long time ago. I blogged them out last month. I scared myself and retreated. The idea was sparked again a few days ago when I talked to a friend. And then last night ... the phone rang.

It was one of the schools that I had contacted last month. The timing of her call couldn't have been better. I had mulled the idea over and had specific concerns and questions to address. We have an appointment to talk next week.

As I sit here in the light of a new day, the idea still sounds like a good one. I've looked into the financial aspect and though it may be tight ... I think it could work.

The workload could be tremendous as I look at classes, continuing to work at the book keeping & babysitting my before and after school kids and writing our family history. It looks rather daunting in fact. But the class schedule is flexible and maybe I can consider a part time instead of full time class load.

I watched the movie 'One Week' last night and the question "What would you do, if you only had one week to live?" was posed. When I think of that answer, I know for a fact that I would quit babysitting. If I won a million dollars, I would quit babysitting. If money wasn't an issue, I would quit babysitting. The answer to almost all of the 'what if' questions that I pose to myself is: "Quit babysitting."

I think the time has come to look at a new direction. I want to have book keeping as my back up income when I 'retire' and run the Bed and Breakfast that I dream of.

I don't know why I keep thinking that I can dream these impossible dreams. But I have the feeling that if you dream big and pursue life like anything is possible ... maybe anything is.

As my very wise brother quoted in his comment on yesterday's blog:

"There are three ingredients in the good life: learning,earning and yearning" - Christopher Morley

The Secret says:

"Expectation is a powerful attractive force, because it draws things to you. As Bob Proctor says, "Desire connects you with the thing desired and expectation draws it into your life." Expect the things you want and don't expect the things you don't want."

I say:

"I'm going to keep on dreaming big, keep believing that anything is possible and walk through the doors that open up for me. The only way failure is certain, is if I don't try."

I am going to keep on hyperplanning my life away. I like where it has led me so far ...

No comments:

Post a Comment