Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Weight Off My Shoulders

As I went on and on about my system of keeping myself organized yesterday, I wondered why so many words were coming out of my finger tips on the subject. I now realize that these many 'piles' were getting to me.

As I wrote, I tended to many tedious tasks. All very small, but one by one I started to make some of the outstanding jobs disappear.

As the day progressed, more and more areas were cleared off. The white board was almost erased; an application form finally completed and mailed; coupons dealt with and off the counter; many little 'notes to self' either dealt with or combined onto one small piece of paper. I walked by the living room table at the end of the night and did a double take. It was almost empty!

It was such a gradual thing, that I really didn't realize how things were piling up. Probably because I had things piling up in so many other areas of my life? The same could be said of how I dealt with so many small chores yesterday. It happened slowly but surely, but by the time I went to bed I felt like I had very little 'outstanding' work to do.

It's kind of like doing spring cleaning (which I don't do) or getting rid of that pile of recycling that accumulates so quickly. A person just doesn't realize how the dirt or pile is multiplying ... until it is there staring you in the face and there is no denying it.

I ended the day by exercising for a few hours and then spending the last of my energy on my book keeping job (one of those jobs that felt onerous, only because I hadn't faced up to it).

I kept my hands 'out of the cookie jar' (and everything else) all evening. I took a 45 calorie fudgicle to bed with me (as I watched TV) and I savored every morsel of that ice cream treat as my reward for a day well spent.

I woke up pretty exhausted this morning so I slept in a bit. I still wanted to do some yoga and stretch out my tired muscles. It felt wonderful.

The most surprising reward of all, is when I weighed in with my Wii Fit trainer this morning. I just hit a new 'lowest weight' record since I started keeping track. I swear that it was the weight of all the unfinished work that I was carrying around that I lost yesterday. Maybe not - because I'm sure that would have weighed a minimum of 10 pounds.

It still is a load off my mind. And my body is reflecting that! It's all good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment