Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Deserved a Break Yesterday

When the going gets tough ... the tough go to McDonald's!!

Yes, I finally succumbed to my love of take-out. Not that I have been 100% take-out-free this past month (I've had some pizza and a few restaurant meals), but McDonald's and I go way back.

One of my old sayings is "All roads lead to McDonald's". It doesn't matter where I go (and I don't go far), I am thrilled when I find a McDonald's en route or at my destination.

Grabbing McDonald's-to-go and noshing on it in a hotel room (and trust me, the hotels aren't usually too far from home) creates a new taste sensation. I love it.

We've grabbed McDonald's-to-go and ate it at a park or by the river. Mmmmm. Tasty.

I have had bad days where the McDonald's theme "You deserve a break today" is humming in the background of my day. And I go.

Yesterday wasn't a bad day. I was simply feeling overloaded and wanted someone to take care of the cooking for me. I had to leave the house to run an errand anyway ... and like I always say, "All roads lead to McDonald's". So I followed that yellow brick road.

I had a chicken snack wrap and a medium order of fries. 680 of the best calories that I have consumed in an eternity (since I started budgeting my calories anyway). I topped that up with a hefty bowl of ice cream, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. And do you know what?? For the first time in (quite possibly) a month, I was satisfied. I ate that and I stopped eating.

I finally scratched that itch! Now ... maybe I can get back to the game plan that I was on before. I need to find a balance to the food consumption addiction that I have. Denying myself isn't the answer. That is a sure fire way to create a jag of over eating.

I've been told more than once, that a person should allow themselves to have a day where they allow themselves to eat what they are craving. Not to go overboard - but just to satisfy that hunger so that it doesn't become all consuming. After my McDonald's fix last night, I would have to whole heartedly agree.

I deserved that break yesterday. And I am going to give myself little breaks as I need them. The binge factor is one of my biggest obstacles. If I can find a way to curb that insatiable binge eating, I will be on a better path.

This dieting isn't just about math after all. But maybe ... I just need a better formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment