Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Too Busy to Blog

I'm 'living my life' these days ... and it sure is time consuming!

I have yet another day with a busy agenda ahead of me today. A new family to adjust to, in my daycare world ... month end and year end busyness in my book-keeping job ... Dad's family history that I'm starting to collect ... the usual errands to run (I wish my groceries would just magically replenish themselves) ... plans for the weekend ... and exercise.

I've prioritized the exercise portion of that paragraph. When I have 2 big jobs ahead of me, I will exercise first. I know that if it gets put off, it won't get done. Not to mention, usually the 2 big jobs have been 'exercise' and 'book keeping'. The book keeping is a job, a responsibility and I get paid for it. So there is no way that it will not get done. So, I put exercise ahead of that and both big jobs are getting accomplished. That didn't feel like such a wise choice at 10:15 last night, when I looked at the 15 minutes worth of work that I still had to face. But ... it got finished.

Prying myself out of bed a little bit earlier in the morning to squeeze in 1/2 an hour of exercise before the day begins has been a challenge. But ... it's a 1/2 hour that I wouldn't find at any other point in the day. So it gets done.

My mind is so busy with my dad's family's memories whenever it has a chance to idle. Oh, how I would love to put the rest of my life on hold and just immerse myself in that! I am so excited about where I want this 'story' to go ... the people I want to talk to ... the time that I want to spend on this to do it right.

I can visualize myself living my dream. I can picture myself right now ... running a little 'inn' ... and curling up with a pen and pad (or computer) and helping people 'tell their story' as I compiled family stories and put them together in my spare time.

Spare time ... that sounds pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment