Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Slow Motion

As I worked my way through my exercises this morning, I simply couldn't beat or keep up to my prior scores (on the 'Wii Fit'). Last night, as I forced myself to work on the 'AE Active' (my newest Wii fitness purchase), I only achieved a 72% achievement (as compared to the 90+% that I achieved on Sunday). I think I'm tuckering out.

I ate all day yesterday. It was a terrible day for eating sensibly. I still tracked my food and calorie consumption and I vowed that today is a new day. But yesterday was a bad one.

I sat down to transcribe some of my taped conversations yesterday afternoon. I managed to get about 3 minutes written out (only 342 minutes left to go on that 'interview'), and then I fell asleep sitting up.

As I sat on the bench to oversee the kids playing outside yesterday, the waves of exhaustion were hitting me with such force that I could barely resist them. I looked at the long grass under the bench and could have cried when I realized that I must mow the grass after the kids left (when did the grass have a chance to grow with this winter-like weather we have been having??).

I am starting a good book and I just wanted to sit down and read last night. But the food cravings were distracting me. I let myself succumb to them all. I thought if I ate what my body was craving, that I would eventually stop eating. Not. I wanted potato chips in the worst way but I didn't have them in the house.

So I decided it was time to exercise. You can't eat if you are exercising. No ... but the the moment I was finished, I was still searching the cupboards trying to satisfy my cravings.

Finally, I surrendered to my need for sleep. I went to bed thinking that I was wide awake, but I don't think I lasted a page (I took my book to bed with me instead of food). I was out.

As I tried to rev myself up with exercise this morning, I thought that my body is telling me it needs a rest. I have the option of attending 1 1/2 hours of group dance classes tonight. I think that I'll follow through on that idea in lieu of my 'Wii Fit' and take the rest that the 'AE Active' program has been telling me to take for the past 2 days.

I shall go with the flow of the day ... take the kids for a walk ... sit outside and breathe some fresh air ... dance ... and eat reasonably. I'm going to live this day in slow motion and see how that works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment