Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Sensations

I have a million things to do today. One of them, I get paid to do. Another task, I must get on top of. But the rest ... can wait if they must.

Dirty windows just get dirty again. The dust on the blinds will start to build up the moment I clean them. The grass will grow all year. The car won't stay clean either. So if those jobs get put to the wayside, so be it.

I had planned on being hard at work by 8:00 this morning. As I woke up before 5:30 am, I thought that if I wanted to keep to that plan I should get up. But it was Saturday ... so I didn't.

I laid in bed for another hour or so and then I fulfilled my promise to myself and exercised for an hour. I hope to get back to that later. But an hour of physical activity is a very good way to start the day.

9:00 would be a good time to get cracking. Well ... it's important to take the time to savor breakfast and 2 cups of coffee before getting a busy day underway, right? Right. So I sat down and enjoyed a show I had taped. Ahhh ... weekends. I love them.

I tabled my 9:00 get-to-work-plan until 10:00. I sat down at the computer and thought I just want to savor these last moments before I tend to my work. Once the momentum starts, I don't like to stop it. So I've delayed the starting process this morning.

I love the life of (temporarily) delayed deadlines. The sense of peace of knowing that the work will all get done in due time (especially when I have 3 days in which to do it). I have no desire to prolong the work once I begin. Once started, it must be completed. And it will feel great.

The second big job that I am tackling this weekend will be enjoyable once I actually sit down and do it. I must relisten to the hours and hours of taped conversations (stories for the history book) that I have collected the past few weeks. I will walk down memory lane and savor the moments. I want to visualize the book that I am starting to work on and the best way to put together the stories that I collect. I will write down the questions that I still want to seek answers for. I get excited about this project every single time I take a step in a forward direction on my mission.

The clock is ticking as I sit. The morning is getting away on me. 10:30 will be the right time to start my work day.

Oh ... I love Saturday mornings!! Time to take a breath before officially beginning the day. It is so nice not to hit the ground running as I begin this 3 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment