Monday, May 25, 2009

Angels All Around Me

As I ended the weekend, I found a comment from a relative about the family history/story that I'm putting together. It never ceases to amaze me that every single time I get a little overwhelmed on projects like these, I get reinspired when I least expect it.

I often follow through on contacting someone who keeps surfacing to the top of my consciousness and it amazes me just how often that person was either thinking of calling me or just how well timed that phone call (or email or letter) was, to the person on the receiving end.

That is what I love about the written word. You can write up a note or email and the person on the receiving end can open it up and read it when they have time. Something in writing can be read, reread and saved to reread at a later date.

That doesn't undermine the value of a phone call or a visit. In this world where it seems that everyone is eternally busy, I am always very conscious of trying not to call at a bad time. But there is such a value in hearing a person's voice, having a two way conversation and immediate response to your contact.

A friend called out of the blue last night and her voice radiated through the phone line like a ray of sunshine. She is a friend that is eternally busy, but someone that I felt an immediate connection to when we met. Our lives have gone in 2 separate directions, but every time our paths cross we pick up from where we last left off and we are off and running. I am blessed to have many friends like that.

Angels all around me ... inspire and encourage me when I need it the most. Little does a person know that a well timed phone call, letter, visit or email can make such a vast difference in another person's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment