Saturday, April 25, 2009

Healthy Nourishment

I'm making a conscious effort to feed myself what I need to nourish my body and spirit these days.

Rediscovering my enjoyment of homemade soup has rekindled an interest in not only eating healthier (and less) ... but the added bonus of the saving on the grocery and take out food expenses.

My body and mind feel cleaner and clearer after a day of eating nourishing food and eating a moderate amount. So far, this feels better and more natural than any of the 'cleanses' that I have tried in the recent past.

I decided that one other thing that my body and mind needed, was to move. I climbed back on the exercise wagon this morning and it felt great. Physically exerting myself works miracles for my state of mind. Those positive ions are starting to work their way back to the surface. I can feel them grasping for air and begging for more of the same.

I finished reading 'Marley and Me' tonight. As I have immersed myself in suspense novels lately, I thought I was in need of internalizing some uplifting thoughts. I have seen the movie (Marley and Me) ... but the book is so much better. I love when a writer can make me laugh out loud. I can't say that my favorite suspense authors have me chuckling to myself too often.

I tossed in 3 hours of book keeping into the mix today. It was a task that I thought may never end. But it did. It provided a sense of accomplishment to the days events.

A conversation with my mom ... a short stroll ... (finally) taking down the outside Christmas lights ... and my day felt like it was in perfect balance. I could add a bit more adult companionship into my days, but I'm content with my own company. So days like this are okay.

I 'fed' myself only what I needed today. A well balanced day, like a well balanced meal ... leaves a person feeling satisfied and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment