Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quotes from "Snow Buddies"

I love a Disney movie. I often find a quote, a thought or a song that stays with me after the movie has ended.

I was watching 'Snow Buddies' with the kids (actually, I started watching it first and the kids came and joined me) a while ago and I had to run for a pen to capture the deep thoughts that came with the story. I believe that some of them are Buddha quotes:

"Sometimes the greatest journeys start accidentally ... and end with a higher purpose"

"Although life may lead to where you least expect it, have faith that it is where you were meant to be"

"Sometimes ... you just have to have faith"

Montel Williams was on Oprah yesterday, talking about his challenges with multiple sclerosis(which he was diagnosed with 10 years ago). Although the disease sounds impossibly hard to cope with on a day to day basis, he decided that there must be some purpose to him having it. He can be a 'face' for multiple sclerosis and talk to people about living with whatever they are personally living with 'after the diagnosis'.

As I typed out these 'Snow Buddies' quotes, I thought of how aptly they all applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment