Monday, March 16, 2009

Catching Up

Now that I've started working on catching myself up, it seems that life keeps throwing me little curve balls.

I was able to repair my vacuum cleaner instead of replacing it. My kitchen sink kept backing up so I called in Son #2 to help. He spent hours this afternoon trying to maneuver the pipes enough to get things running again. While he was here, he picked up and installed some carpet molding (which I've needed since last summer). I paid him for the materials but he said the labor was free. Then a learning game for the kids (that I bought some new games for this weekend) stopped working. None of the stores carry it anymore so I will get a free replacement from the company - I just have to pay postage. Now ... all I have to contend with is a leaky roof.

Is everything breaking down at once? Or does it just feel that way??

But now that I'm in this 'catch-up' mode, I'm just rolling with the punches. Dealing with things as they come along. Nothing is piling up in the corners, in my mind or anywhere else. I don't like dealing with backlog. In fact, I even got my income tax done today - I'm ahead of the game on that!

Ahead of the game. Now that is a place I like to be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment