Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Perfect Weekend

I'm sitting here revelling in the afterglow of a most wonderful weekend.

I managed to get my creative juices going a little bit this weekend. I put together some small 'movies'. Between kids, cats and family there is always enough material for me to work with. I love these little video creations. They are short and sweet and not all that original. By the time I add a few little touches and pick a song or two to go along with it, I feel like I've had some part of the end result. And it feels good to 'create'.

I got some words out of my brain and into cyberspace. Between updating blogs and catching up on some emails, my fingers became limber once again. I hope that this helps to open the floodgate of words within me. I don't like when my words get caught up somewhere between my brain and my fingers. It has to happen from time to time, but writing is therapy to me. I feel best when I can let the words pour out of my fingertips.

I had a fair amount of people-contact this weekend too. A phone call from my sister and my mom ... Kurt and I went and saw a movie last night ... we ran into a family I used to babysit for on our way out of the theatre ... Kurt had a friend over today ... and my weekend wound up perfectly, by going out for supper with a friend. Good food + good conversation = a very good time.

The weekend was perfect in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment