Monday, February 9, 2009

Falling Off the Wagon

My gradual transition of replacing bad habits with good ones went for a nose dive this past 24 hours. I'm determined to make this only one day off the course of action that I had set for myself. But boy ... did I fall off the wagon in a big way.

There was chocolate in the house. I never crave chocolate. I can easily exist without chocolate. There are many types of chocolate that I can easily ignore if they are in my home. Not this time.

I started my binge by sitting down and eating every piece of chocolate in the house in two sittings - just to get rid of it. Once I started, I had no desire to stop because I knew that the chocolate would still be sitting there when I was done.

This is how I react to chocolate. I either have to give it all away or devour it. There seems to be no happy medium.

Since I was on a chocolate party, I decided to polish off the last of a bag of chips that had been in the house for a week. And while I was at it, I ate every last cream puff that I had picked up for dessert. Even the frozen ones!

I have a healthy supper all ready to warm up and there is no junk food left in the house. So I should be able to curb this binge right now.

I had been doing so well too! I'm a little disappointed with myself, but as the 24 hour mark is starting to end I am determined to stop the insanity.

Thank goodness there is nothing tasty left in the house. I'm just in the kind of mood where I could polish off a bag of chips in one sitting.

At least I didn't eat any ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment