Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Unexpectedly Wonderful Day

The day had a piece of everything I love on a Sunday ...

I woke up with the birds and my day started by finding a most enjoyable and unexpected email from my uncle. I had time on my hands to indulge myself in everything I wanted to do before I had to drive Kurt to a friends house that he had made plans to get together with today.

The drop-off included a delightful visit with Kurt's friend's grandma ... with the promise to get together and go out for supper together in the near future. I am so excited!

Kurt had a fun filled day as they went tubing behind the snowmobile and enjoyed a lot of fresh air and good outdoor fun. They had offered to drive Kurt back home so I extended a supper invitation, since they were doing me the favor of not running out to get him afterwards.

I had 4 hours to myself so I called Dale and enlisted his assistance in changing a burnt out headlight on my car. I invited him out for lunch in exchange for the favor and we ended up having a deep and thoughtful conversation (and he ended up buying me lunch!).

I had talked to Wes prior to taking Kurt to his friend's house. So I felt like such a 'mom' ... touching base with my adult children and knowing that Kurt was happy. There is a very blissful feeling in feeling that little bit of connection with your children. Especially when it happens so unexpectedly on an ordinary Sunday.

I had time to buy groceries on my way home (so I won't be scrambling with that errand at the end of the day this week) and when I got home, I was greeted by another email. I love coming home to a such a gift. Mom called as I was awaiting my supper guests and we chatted until my company arrived.

Our supper turned out to be a perfect wind up to the weekend. The food hit the spot (it never hurts to feed a group of hungry guys, who have been out snowmobiling all day ... I couldn't lose!) and the company was good.

The day unfolded perfectly. Each moment of the day led to the next ... no one encounter felt rushed ... it all meshed together as perfectly as a well choreographed routine. It was my favorite kind of Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment